Several notes about multi-channel online retail after reading “Multichannel E-Commerce Guide for Fashion Retailers” prepared by Channel Advisors.
- 73% of online shoppers browsing for clothes end up making a purchase, along with 62% of shoe shoppers and 56% of accessories shoppers. It is pretty high conversion rate, but note that it is about user journey in general and doesn’t mean that she makes a purchase in the same store that first visited;
- To get good ROI on your promotion investments, especially in PPC channels (like comparison website) it is extremely important to keep your inventory up to date. If a shopper click to your shop engine/comparison/aggregator listing and discover on your website that product is out of stock, you have wasted the money you paid for click;
- eBay and Amazon are important channel to attract new customers, while you should be aware that they will be mostly pretty price-sensitive;
- A picture worth a thousand words, so make sure that your images are high quality and show various angle of each item. Even better to show your item in close to use environment with the help of such tool as Lookbook Cloud and/or use video;
- Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest) is a good tool to increase your credibility and reward your loyal audience with special treats and discounts
All that isn’t a rocket science, but nice things to remember, when you sell fashion/apparel products online.